That's why I'm so excited about a new book called Grin With Grace by Kathy Carlton Willis. And Kathy Willis has offered to send an autographed copy to the winner of my drawing. Learn how to enter below.
Here's the format of each chapter:
- Grin with Grace contains real-life stories and observations. You’ll laugh at the humorous confessions and wacky insights, and relate to Kathy’s transparent honesty. Be inspired to see grace in your everyday life.
- Grow with Grace features a grace word study. Kathy examines Bible verses and personalizes the meaning to your situation. Workbook prompts allows you to write down your thoughts as you read along.
- Go with Grace offers life application. Pick one action step and make it work for you, or pick all of them—but do something to live out your grace-walk.
- Give with Grace advances life application further, equipping you to become an instrument of God’s grace to others. You’ll be inspired to take what you’ve learned and give it away to others. This is when faith becomes ministry—when your focus expands to see the needs of others.
- Your Grin with Grace Challenge describes a grace-challenging scenario to give you an opportunity to exercise your newfound grace. It allows for speculation and judgment calls, to prepare you for the what-ifs that happen in life.
- Swallow your words rather than share them before it's time.
- Give the benefit of the doubt rather than assuming the worst.
- Let the other person have the spotlight while you live in the shadows.
- Forgive a wrong that really hurt your heart even when they don’t know they messed up.
- Treat your neighbor like you wish she’d treat you, even though she doesn’t deserve it.
- Control your temper at your job when a co-worker takes credit for your project.
- Not always defend yourself when you're misunderstood.
- Not take it personally when your friend declines your invitation and goes elsewhere.
- Speak the truth in love rather than taking the easy way out and fabricating a lie.
- Not pass along the juicy bit of gossip you just heard.
- Not hold a grudge even though you have a really good reason!
- Look past another's prickly exterior to see a wounded heart beating out of tune.
Kathy Carlton Willis is a remarkable communicator who is able to inspire us with grace on how to grow in grace. You won't feel discouraged with "shoulds." You'll feel motivated with encouraging examples, gentle guidelines, her own vulnerable sharing, and biblical enlightenment. Responding with grace is a challenge for all of us. Kathy reveals not only the "how-to-s" but the "why's" and the rewards.
You can put your name into the drawing by giving a comment on my blog or emailing me Kathy speak @ gmail. com (remove spaces). I'll draw the winner on August 20th. When you make a comment on the blog, my website system doesn't give information about you, so please check back to see who won or put your email address into the comment and include spaces in it.